This time last year, our suicide crisis service had recently suspended due to lack of funds and an increase in demand that we couldn’t meet. This year, our pathway was back offering support and what a year it has been!
Over the past year we have –
- Continued to offer support to those in suicide crisis. We took to zoom and the telephone for remote sessions. We were also able to continue offering face to face sessions to those who needed it, which meant that we could offer support.
- Grown our team and we are ending the year with a team double the size it was coming into 2020.
- Around 60% of our clients text us between sessions so we created and launched a new suicide crisis text service. We are excited to see this part of the service grow in the next year.
- Worked closely with other services and partners on a new upcoming service – The Sanctuary and we can’t wait to host our first session in 2021. (Check out our job opportunities!)
- Taken part in many radio interviews, filmed some chat pods and tried our hand at vlogging!
It has been a busy and exciting year for our pathway and we look forward to the challenges and opportunities 2021 will bring.
If you would like to make a referral into the crisis pathway, you can contact us on the details below:
Referral line: 0115 880 0282 (please leave us a voice message and we will get back to you within 1 working day
Through our website: https://harmless.org.uk/referring-partners-crisis-form-nottinghamshire/